Hello & Goodbye

Earlier in the month I made a “this is the end of” post. For the time being this is goodbye. I haven’t truly blogged in a few years as I’m quickly approaching my 50s. (Yikes! When did that happen? I’ll be 49 by the end of 2023.) While beauty products still interests me, there are younger people whose creativity & voices are stronger & more entertaining than my own. Let’s face it, I’ve never been the fun one in any aspect of my life. lol But recently my husband had his second heart attack known as the Widowmaker, while he has survived it & is in recovery, the fact remains we don’t know if the damage to his heart was permanent or not. In two months he will see his cardiologist who will then determine if he is to have bypass surgery to repair the left anterior descending artery. My focus right now is on our grandchildren, whom I’m currently caring for while their mom is deployed overseas until next summer (if not longer). Our business is currently closed & while we have ze

Student accuses Garnier Micellar Water Oil Infused to cause eye irritations

Image from Garnier UK. The Daily Mail is reporting that a 19-year-old college student, Jade Inglis of Cambridge England, used Garnier's Micellar Water Oil Infused and ended up having a reaction to it that caused her eye to "glue shut". She feared she could end up blind due to having a chemical burn to her eyeballs. © Kennedy News & Media Used under US Fair Use & UK Fair Dealings. Jade rushed to A&E where stunned hospital staff washed her eye out with a solution used on acid attack victims. After using an orange dye to assess the damage, doctors discovered Jade had a chemical burn on her eyeball believed to be caused by the £6.99 micellar water. The abrasion showed up under the dye as a glowing green mark. Marine biology student Jade has allowed pictured of her shocking images to be published in order to highlight the potential dangers of beauty products. Jade, from Cambridge, said: 'It felt like sunburn in my eye, the pain was excru